What's New |
ADASS News |
Several exercises and tutorials are available to help the user become more
familiar with IRAF.
A set of six exercises have been packaged into a tar file and are available
by anonymous FTP. See
exer2102.readme in the iraf/misc
directory. The exercises cover a variety of basic reduction processes
and include an introductory exercise and a taping exercise.
- intro - an introduction to the basics of IRAF
- ccd1 - a look at CCD reductions for direct images
- ccd2 - CCD reductions for spectroscopic data
- phot - an introduction to aperture photometry using APPHOT and the
steps for photometric calibration using PHOTCAL
- spec - the extraction and wavelength calibration of slit spectra from
2-d CCD images
- dataio - an exercise in reading and writing tapes
Three tutorials/exercises on IRAF spectroscopy are available via the Web.
Select the tutorial from the following list.
Updated: 07 October 1997